Saturday, September 7, 2019

August Cravings

Another month of food!  I probably need to work on my food photo staging...

Roasted garden veggies abounded this month - this plate has roasted tomatoes, yellow squash, and spaghetti squash, along with a baked sweet potato and cottage cheese.
Another nutrient-dense plate (golden potatoes, eggplant, spaghetti squash, sweet and sour tuna).

And one more (sweet potato with pecans, yellow and zucchni squash, spaghetti squash, salmon).

I started putting almond butter in my oatmeal this month, and I can see why people love this!  However, portion control is an impossibility ("1/4 of the jar per oatmeal bowl? - sure!")

The Price Chopper salad bar served me well when traveling!  There are greens under there, but this was one substantial salad (the only kind I like for a meal).

I am a fan of Quest protein powder; I found several packages of single serving 12-packs on a major clearance sale and snatched them all up.

More roasted garden goodness - the only things on this plate that aren't homegrown are the seasonings, olive oil, and egg (Jon is interested in getting chickens, though...).

My take out container tipped sideways, but this blackened salmon from Cheddars was really good (also on a work trip).

I started craving salads while traveling for work, possibly because it was incredibly hot outside (I did one of my second runs in a 108* heat index at 5:30 p.m.).

Also a good salad on a work trip, but this one was not enough food!

Envy apples are really tasty.

Our homegrown apples were small but tasty.  I forgot to take photos of them until I'd cut up the very last one.

Mini-bells from the garden make a great snack.

I like all of these flavors, but probably the white chocolate raspberry the best.

Brunch is always winning in our family.  Albani's pancake was Mickey Mouse shaped, but I didn't get a photo quickly enough.  My dish was a veggie skillet: hash browns topped with veggies and two eggs.
 

More food shots of meals on the road.
Again, brunch is always winning.

Thai is also always winning.

Pad Thai at the OKC zoo!

Some like to eat shoelaces.

For the first time I had butter pecan buttercream and watermelon buttercream (also on a work trip)!  I don't eat desserts often but when I do I make it count. :-)


And my sad food news for August:  the gel that I've used for during-marathon fuel for over 10 years has been discontinued!  I'm thankful I realized this now; I pulled out a couple to use on a 20 mile workout and noticed I was almost out so decided to order another box.  I couldn't find any boxes anywhere online, but did find 15 singles available so purchased those.  My preferred variety has caffeine, but I also purchased numerous singles without caffeine, as well as a Second Surge gel made by the same company to see if I like those.  I'll have enough to get me through another couple of marathons, but then I am going to have to switch (cue tears).

No comments:

Post a Comment