Friday, April 30, 2021

Frisco 50k: Zero chafing gear

Consistent with my "marathon plus 5 miles" thinking, I dressed for the 50k just as I would for a marathon.  I ended up with NO chafing, which I found amazing considering that between light rain and sweat, everything I had on was soaked for most of the 31 miles, so I thought these items deserved kudos.  This is what I wore:

Runners Love Yoga Citrus singlet - I also get a lot of compliments on the cuteness of this top.

Oiselle Roga running shorts - The ones I wore are an older version, but I have some newer orange ones that are also awesome.  They have a small pocket with a zipper in the back that's great for a gel or key. I recommend sizing down on these - they run big.

Underarmour Heat Gear sports bra - The ones I have are older models than the one linked, with a slightly different back, but otherwise they are the same.  These are absolute favorite sports bra and I own multiple colors.

CEP compression socks - I love compression socks of all kinds, but CEP are my favorite for long races, with a little thicker padding in the toe area that helps prevent blisters for me.

Nike Vaporfly shoes - These are the first version of Nike's super shoes, and my pair has almost 400 miles on them.  I've read that they don't give much energy return after 100 miles or so (I've even read you can only get two good marathons out of them), but I don't run any faster in them so they seem to still be just fine for me.  The primary benefit I've seen from them is that my legs feel quite a bit less beat up after running long races in them, as compared to if I race in other shoes - and that was why I chose them over my Hoka Cliftons for this race.  My legs felt decidedly less beat up than after a road marathon, but I think the dirt gets that credit since I have raced marathons in these shoes.

I have no affiliation with any of these companies; I was just really impressed by their products!

No comments:

Post a Comment