Tuesday, March 15, 2016

So thankful! Back at it: Full Week 1

Weekly recap (44 miles - 27 outside and 17 on AlterG treadmill):
March 7 – HIIT bootcamp and elliptical
March 8 – 3 miles base pace (7:36) outside then 9 miles at 80% body weight on the AlterG treadmill
March 9 – 8 miles at 80% body weight on the AlterG treadmill and spin bike 19.3 miles
March 10 – 6 miles base pace (7:52) outside on a hilly route
March 11 – HIIT bootcamp and elliptical
March 12 – 10 miles base pace (7:17) and dropped final mile to half pace (6:29), 2 miles cool-down (7:58) and elliptical
March 13 – 6 miles base pace (7:44) with 6 x 30 second strides in final mile, and spin bike 17.1 miles

I had 30 miles planned this week – oops!  I felt really good and my legs handled the mileage better than I anticipated.  I guess all of that manic cross-training I did while I couldn’t run did count for something!  In addition, I am FINALLY feeling relatively normal again after being sick for 2 months (the severity was up and down but I was never 100%).  I didn’t realize quite how bad I felt until I started feeling better!  I will finish off my Prednisone prescription on March 17, and then I hope I will really be 100%.  I also hope I can drop the 5 lbs that Prednisone made me gain!  I felt just as strong this week and I did the week prior to my injury, and I think that is because although my fitness isn’t as good, I am not sick like I was then.

Anyhow, I couldn’t realistically be more pleased with this for my first full week back.  My 12 mile long run on Saturday was done by feel - except for mile 10 which I pushed - and my pace was super consistent in miles 1-9 (7:19-7:26).  Miles 11-12 were an afterthought done as a cool-down (I only planned 10, but in the end it was hard to stop at 12 because I felt great, and I am confident I could have done 15, but I am trying not to be foolish).  I plan to do a few more miles next week, but keep a couple of runs on the AlterG at 80% body weight and gradually fade that out.  My tendon feels just fine and I am so thankful!  I probably took a week more off than I HAD to, but it was worth it to have my tendon feel 100% and not iffy.

So thankful!

Not running related, but this is my awesome ABA department at our company's annual employee appreciation night, which was the evening after my 12 miler.  I am also so thankful for this bunch - they make my job as a supervisor easy!  It's also not too often I have a dressed up photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment