Monday, November 27, 2017

What I'm craving this month, November edition

I had fun doing my October cravings post, so here is the November edition!  I had a difficult time remembering to take food photos throughout the month (it was a busy month!), so in full disclosure I took most of these photos at once. 
Spaghetti squash with peanut sauce
(melted peanut butter w/ a little soy sauce)

Lentils, brown rice, veggies, & spices prepared in the
slow cooker - I love lentils!

My husband found this & I drank most of it; it was amazing
(I added a splash of almond milk to it as I do w/ most teas)

Frozen grapes -- I shop the produce sales & freeze
them (they stay good for months frozen)!

Nuts are a frequent craving, so we buy economy size
(I easily go through one of these a week)

Roasted Brussels sprouts are amazing

Avocados...no explanation needed.  I add a
little garlic salt & eat w/ a spoon from the shell.

I found these on clearance!

One variation of my pre-long run/pre-race dinner
A restaurant rendition of a safe pre-race dinner, but also what I was craving
on Black Friday after eating many Thanksgiving foods I'm not used to!
I forgot to take a photo of my Thanksgiving plate (sadness)!  What I remember of it included turkey, lots of sweet potatoes, stuffing, a pea/cheese salad, green bean casserole, a leafy salad w/ nuts, a cranberry dish, roll-ups (the tortilla/cream cheese thingies), and grapes.  I am sure I'm forgetting things!  I skipped Thanksgiving desserts for the sake of CIM.  I'm not someone who can take a bite or two and walk away (I have to sample every single one that looks good, usually multiple times!), so I decided it was better to abstain than to feel crappy afterward -- although I ended up feeling crappy afterwards anyway for other reasons (a post on that coming).

No comments:

Post a Comment