Sunday, November 19, 2017

Fill in the blank: "I was so tired at one point during marathon training that I ________."

I think my best answers are:

...worked late, completed my second run of the day, then helped my daughter with homework, prepared and ate dinner, and did other random things at home, then quickly it was 9:00 p.m.  I went to bed wearing the clothes I'd run in, and then the next morning I woke up and ran in them again!

...almost ran 3 times in a day.  I had a double, and ran my second run at lunch, but all of my days were running together and I forgot I'd run it.  I got dressed to run after work, and then saw my lunch run laundry and double checked Strava to ensure that I was in fact done for the day!  But in the end this was winning, because I just slept in my running clothing and ran in it the next morning (clean this time!).

Clearly I am most likely to make tired errors on double days that result in sleeping in running clothing!

What's your fill in the blank?

Disclaimer:  I actually felt really great throughout this marathon training cycle.  If you constantly feel fatigued and beat down, you're over-training -- which is something I've done many times.  Pride yourself in both training well and recovering well; don't pride yourself on constant dead legs from hard work.  It took me many years to learn that!

However, I was NEVER as tired during marathon training as I was on
this Disney vacation!  Legs up the wall at the Animal Kingdom bus stop.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I've done workouts so early in the morning (3:30-4 a.m.) that I'd forgotten as the day went on and almost did it again! So funny!!

    @hellyontherun

    ReplyDelete