Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Runners HIGH!

I was missing some serious endorphins during my 6 weeks off running.  One thing about returning to training after forced time off is that I am more appreciative of each run, and more thankful to my body for what it can do.

2 months ago and pre-injury, a 10 mile base pace run during the week was nothing to get excited about.  This morning, it was AH-MAZING!  Amazing in that I was so giddy excited to run it!  And amazing that I can run 10 miles at 7:34 pace before the sun comes up!

I also got to run with a great training partner this morning, and chatting with her makes the miles fly by.  Running has brought so many amazing people into my life.

I am uber excited to get back to some harder workouts, and I really, REALLY must remember how fantastic every day of running is.  It’s easy to get caught up with thinking that I’m not fast enough and that a certain workout wasn’t good enough, etc., etc., but at the end of the day any day that I am able to run is a good one.

I am feeling rejuvenated both mentally and physically; mind, body, and soul.  Maybe I needed the time off to keep my head up.  I didn't really realize how imperfect I was feeling pre-injury until now.  Maybe it's just the endorphins talking, but I think things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment