Thursday, March 29, 2018

What I'm Craving This Month - March

I did somewhat better remembering to take food photos this month!  In April I hope to feature some homegrown garden produce.

Stuffed baked sweet potatoes are my current thing.  Bake a washed sweet potato in the oven (they can also be microwaved, but they aren't as good), cut in half, and smush up the insides.  You can then mix in pretty much whatever you want.  The picture below includes broccoli and cheese.
This one includes cinnamon and cottage cheese, along with a side of my favorite vegetable that was on special at Aldi a couple of times this month, asparagus.  If you don't shop at Aldi, you should!

This one has spinach and melted peanut butter mixed in.  I know it sounds gross but I promise it will actually blow your mind...think of peanut sauce on Chinese food.

Baked "fries" are a hit with everyone in my household.  Simply cut up any variety of potatoes (these are Russet), toss on a baking sheet that's been sprayed with olive oil, season to your liking (I typically do garlic salt), then bake at 400* for about 45 minutes.  This works great with sweet potatoes too!

These artichoke hearts were a delicious Aldi find.

Dried green beans aren't something I ever thought I'd try since I prefer fresh produce, but they have a great crunch to them.

More veggie chips...I am not actually sure if these are even healthy (they probably aren't).

My favorite brand of protein powder in one of my favorite flavors in the world:  peanut butter!

But, why????  For the record, I am not a fan of M&M's, but this only had a few on top; the ah-mazing thing was the peanut butter rice crispie treat with chocolate peanut butter drizzle and peanuts.

Okay, back to my healthy options.  I love all types of squash.  This is roasted yellow squash.  Roasting any vegetable is winning!
Frozen dark sweet cherries.
And that's all I've got!  I wish I'd have taken pictures of my restaurant meals when I was in Kansas City for work, because they were all fantastic (Tasty Thai, First Watch, Panera, and some grill that had amazing salmon and ciabatta bread).  Next time!

2 comments:

  1. You are so adventurous with sweet potatoes and they look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious! I have another friend who is into doing this with sweet potatoes too, and she's recommended doing one with chicken and a vegetable of choice, or a Mexican-inspired combo (black beans, grilled peppers and onions, avocado, cheese). I've also heard of using almond butter but I never buy that because it's expensive and I like peanut butter far better! I did try cashew butter and cauliflower in one, and that was delicious. Endless options!

      Delete