Saturday, October 19, 2019

Food Stuff Lately

Here is my fall-ish edition...our garden is no more after our first freeze on October 12, so I thought I'd post the last of my fresh homegrown produce pics (although we have a lot in the freezer still)!

Something about how Neighbor's Mill makes avocado toast trumps anything you'll make at home.

I still have my bedtime snack smoothies daily!  This one was made with frozen blackberries and beets (both homegrown), plus chocolate protein powder and almond milk.

A mostly garden plate of roasted tomatoes, roasted okra, baked sweet potatoes with lots of cinnamon, and ranch tuna.

This the my current favorite tuna packet.

I made this for a snack on a vacation day from work, and told my husband that I was living like a professional runner for the day (all I did that day was run, strength train, foam roll, eat, nap, read, and clean...could've done without the cleaning part).  The mini-bell peppers are from our garden.

I found these on sale for 49 cents, and bought every package that was left (6).  They have 8 servings per bag, so this was a really good deal.  They have a little heat to them but are not that spicy, luckily.

I have grown to really like the Price Chopper salad bar when I'm in Kansas City for work and it's 90+ degrees out.

Fresh from the garden okra and tomatoes sauteed with Chik'n (vegetarian chicken).

Brunch with my sister's family at Succotash in Kansas City after the Plaza 10K has become a tradition.

Delicious blackened salmon at Saints in Independence, although I could have taken double the portion.

These are a good energy ball snack, and almond butter is growing on me.

I tried a new protein bar I found on clearance (99 cents for packs of 5 bars!), and I loooove them.

Pre-race/workout fueling and hydration favorites, nuun energy and Generation Ucan.

I saw this on sale when I was going to buy Halo Top, and I wouldn't have bought it had I realized it was dairy-free, but it was really good!  The coconut oil in it gave it a great flavor.

I liked it so much I bought it again in a different flavor.

Lucky's salad bar.

The days of nearly all-garden plates are nearing an end...

This was the pre-race meal I packed and ate the night before the Indy Women's Half...I've learned that bringing my own dinner when we drive to a race really reduces the effort of navigating around that evening, plus I know I'm not going to get sick off the food!

When I'm really craving sweets, I get something truly good, which was a 3 scoop cookie dough bowl this day. Although it was tasty, my stomach hated me for about 16 hours after I ate it, and my 8 mile run the next morning was the longest 8 miles ever...so I will not be eating cookie dough ever again (it was that bad - I suspect my body isn't used to that much junk at once).

Nugget also likes our homegrown sweet potatoes. We had a huge haul (this is about 1/10 of them), and my only regret is that I think store-bought sweet potatoes are ruined for me forever.

Albani and I both love snacking on sweet mini-bell peppers (home grown).

None of this is homegrown, but our fruit bowl is always well-stocked.

We sliced and froze extra squash and zucchini, and it roasts up very well from frozen!

Roasted baby carrots, garlic crusted salmon, baked sweet potato, and a hard boiled egg - lots of vitamin A and protein here!

I tried there because they were on clearance for 99 cents, and they were surprisingly delicious. The only ingredients are corn and peanut butter, and they are basically like a Cheeto covered in peanut butter instead of fake cheese powder.

This pumpkin curry tasted better than it looked, and I made it with frozen homegrown spinach, tomatoes, and onions (also dried white beans, curry powder, garlic salt, ginger, canned pumpkin, and coconut milk).

A staple snack in my life - an apple and string cheese.

Mongolian grill plate 1:

Mongolian grill plate 2:

I bought these for dinner one evening I was traveling for work and too tired to even deal with take out (I'd parked in the Natural Grocers parking lot to run on a trail for my second run of the day).

Also bought this for my dinner from Natural Grocers!

And finally, I had to try this purple sweet potato.  It was very purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment