Tuesday, December 31, 2019

What I Read in 2019

These were my reads for the year!  Yes, I know I need to get a Goodreads account.

Bold titles = a favorite that I recommend.  I was really stingy with these recommendations, or else I'd have bolded 75% of these books!
  1. Once Upon a Time There Was You by Elizabeth Berg
  2. The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
  3. The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion
  4. You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
  5. The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld
  6. Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
  7. Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes & Jo Piazza
  8. Clay Girl by Heather Tucker
  9. A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer
  10. The Reason You're Alive by Matthew Quick
  11. Far From the Tree by Robin Benway
  12. The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
  13. Something Like Happy by Eva Woods
  14. A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer
  15. Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb
  16. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
  17. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
  18. Three Things About Elise by Joanna Cannon
  19. The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel
  20. Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella 
  21. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  22. After Anna by Lisa Scottoline
  23. Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand
  24. Winter Storms by Elin Hilderbrand
  25. Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand
  26. Look Alive Out There by Sloane Crosley
  27. Feared by Lisa Scottoline
  28. Joy School by Elizabeth Berg
  29. I See Life Through Rosé-Colored Glasses by Lisa Scottoline & Francesca Serritella 
  30. My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
  31. Lost Cat: A True Story of Love, Desperation, & GPS Technology by Caroline Paul
  32. Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
  33. Talk Before Sleep by Elizabeth Berg
  34. I Might Regret This:  Essays, Drawings, Vulnerabilities, and Other Stuff by Abbi Jacobson
  35. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
  36. Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson
  37. South Pole Station by Ashley Shelby
  38. There are No Grown-Ups by Pamela Druckerman
  39. Us Against You by Fredrick Backman
  40. The Next Person You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  41. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  42. The Fever by Megan Abbott
  43. An Unacceptable Death by Barbara Seranella
  44. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
  45. The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
  46. The Road Home by Richard Paul Evans (this is the final book in the Broken Road series I recommend reading the trilogy in order - I read the other two in 2018 but this one wasn't released until spring 2019)
  47. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
  48. Okay Fine Whatever by Courtenay Hameister
  49. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
  50. Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
  51. All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding
  52. A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
  53. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
  54. The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
  55. Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson
  56. Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson
  57. This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell
  58. The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick
  59. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
  60. Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins 
  61. Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgins
  62.  As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner
  63. Run by Ann Patchett
  64. Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell
  65. 26 Marathons by Meb Keflezighi
  66. Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson 
  67. The Daddy Diaries by Joshua Braff
  68. Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor 
  69. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
  70. Meb for Mortals by Meb Keflezighi
  71. The Joy Project by Tony Reinke
  72. Night by Elie Wiesel
  73. Lottery by Patricia Wood
  74. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  75. What Made Maddy Run by Kate Fagan
  76. Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
  77. Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand
  78. George by Alex Gino
  79. Run to Overcome by Meb Keflezighi
  80. Running Home: A Memoir by Katie Arnold 
  81. Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson 
  82. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
  83. The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel
  84. All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
  85. This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
  86. Roar by Stacey Sims
  87. Mercy by Jodi Picoult
  88. How Bad Do You Want It? by Matt Fitzgerald
  89. Strong by Kara Goucher
  90. The Happy Runner by David Roche and Megan Roche
  91. Double Cross by Jackson Pearce 
  92. Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller
  93.  Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins - top book of 2019!
  94. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 
  95. How to Fall in Love with Anyone by Mandy Len Catron
  96. Even If I Fall by Abigail Johnson
  97. Right Beside You by Mary Monroe
  98. French Twist by James Patterson
  99. All the Dirty Parts by Daniel Handler
  100. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  101. The Grip of It by Jac Jemc
  102. The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth 
  103. Mercy Me by Margaret A. Graham 
  104. The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna by Juliet Grames
  105. Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat? by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella

I didn't set a goal of reading a certain number of books, but in November when I realized I was getting close, I decided I wanted to hit or exceed 100!

2 comments:

  1. I read the Lovely Bones in college and loved it too. I found another Alice Seybold book on sale at the library the other day and picked it up, I'm interested to see if it's as good.

    And yes, you really should get good reads! It's like the Strava for readers. Except I don't really follow anyone else I just track my reading there and it's so much fun to do. I love the yearly reading recaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opened a Goodreads account yesterday, hah! And what's really funny is that I told one of my running buddies this morning that it was like Strava for runners (but also that I don't want to use it that way but want to track my books/get recommendations in a more structured way). :-) Let me know if you enjoy the other Alice Seybold book!

      Delete