Tuesday, February 1, 2022

OMRR Hall of Fame

On January 29, I was inducted into my local running club's hall of fame. Ozark Mountain Ridge Runners is an awesome organization that I've been blessed to be a part of since I moved to the Springfield area in 2010, and this was quite the honor.

My parents were able to attend!

Two of my running buddies introduced me, and they are truly the best. Their short speeches can be viewed here.
Love these two

My 2 minute acceptance speech can be viewed here, and is also written below:
I had my speech on my phone, hah

I'm honored to receive this award, and being part of OMRR has been amazing. Back in 2004 to 2009, before I lived in the Springfield area, I became acquainted with several OMRR members at races around the 4-state area. John Everett [current OMRR president] included me in the club even when I lived 2 hours away! I met several long-time members, and then when I moved to the area in 2010 I immediately felt at home in this running club.

After serving on the OMRR board in 2017, I developed an even deeper appreciation for everything the board does. Our board is very hard working and passionate! I hope to rejoin the board down the road when I retire, but really they do so much that I could not keep up. Make sure to thank the board members often!

Every weekday at 5:30 a.m., you can find me running with the Miles from Mentor competitive group. This group improves my life every day! They are all talented competitors, but they are also really, really good people. They also inspire me to chase big goals, but more importantly to be a better person.

I run about 99% because I love it and 1% for training, which often surprises people because I am competitive. While I do enjoy racing, nothing is more valuable than the day-to-day process. Thank you for being part of mine!

A few of my Miles from Mentor sub-group buddies

Doug was the male inductee for the year

She looks happy here but was "so
bored" most of the evening!

Running buddies are the best!

With the OMRR President and Vice President


1 comment: