Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Mayday

May 2023 in review!

Total mileage for the month: 125.3 (plus 271 ElliptiGo miles)
  • May 1-7: 11.5
  • May 8-13: 3.4
  • May 14-21: 30.4
  • May 22-28: 50.9
  • May 29-June 4: 62.6
Being back to a 10 mile morning felt
really great! #marvelousmay
Races/Workouts:
No races or real running workouts this month; I did a few workouts on the elliptigo but nothing really worth writing about. I did strides on May 29, then hill strides on May 30 while my running buddies did a real hill workout. I will return to workouts when I feel ready, hopefully mid-June.

Race I should have run but instead spectated
Long Runs:
  • May 27: 12.2 miles (8:40), which felt good despite being slower than usual for a long run. My endurance returns quickly, but paces take longer! I did 10 miles on May 26 so those were back-to-back long runs at my current state.
Sweaty runch
Running Highlights:
  • This definitely wasn't my best month, but being able to increase my running after 4 weeks of very little was a huge blessing.
  • I run/walk spectated the Lincoln Marathon, where Casey placed 5th OAF on a warm day!
  • My running group had a "spring banquet", which mostly meant we wore real clothes and went a couple of places that were not running-related.
Miles from Mentor banquet

Nebraska capitol building

Award from Running from Yeti,
3 months later
Life Highlights:
  • My parents visited for a weekend and we saw Esther at the Sight and Sound Theatre in Branson, and went to Market in the Park in Rogersvsille, Sucker Days in Nixa, and Historic C Street in Springfield.
  • Albani completed her freshman year and her second year in JROTC.
This was an amazing play!

JROTC awards

Tradition

Book club (which is also running group, lol!)

Books:
  • Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
  • Spare by Prince Harry
  • Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton (book club read)
  • Circe by Madeline Miller
  • The Greatest Stories Never Told by Rick Beyer
  • Hang the Moon by Jeanette Walls
  • Stone Cold Fox by Rachel Koller Croft
  • Choosing to Run: A Memoir by Des Linden
  • Note: Like April, I had a lot of 4-star reads, but no 5-stars this month.
Theme for the month:
  • Mayday to start, Marvelous May to finish.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are running again! You squeezed a lot in when your parents visited!

    ReplyDelete