Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Internal dialogue

I wrote most of this a week ago, prior to leaving for vacation, but nothing like a long car ride home to finish it! I'm sure you other busy women can relate to this, as we females are always multi-tasking!

A small snippet of my thoughts on a weekday evening:

Remember for write down Albani's reading time for the summer reading program.

When are those library books due?

I can't forget to pack the bug spray. Which shoes should I pack for Albani?

I need to cut up that watermelon. 

Do I have strides after tomorrow's run?

Don't forget the school supply list. 

Is the laundry in the dryer finished? I need to put pre-soak on that shirt she had on today. 

Which outfit should I lay out for tomorrow? Where are most of my work appointments (cold or hot location?)?

Did Jon call the pet sitter?

Jon needs the bank statement for the land offer. 

Write down that supervision time with C.

Did I take my vitamin? Did Albani take hers?

Where did Jon put away that coffee cup when he did dishes?

Pack the protein powder with the trip snacks. 

Great new idea for a client at work. 

I need to get to bed earlier tonight.

Don't forget to thank Mom and Dad for Albani's visit. 

Can I feed her pizza again? 

Where's the cat? Is he shut in the closet again?

Do I need to get my oil changed? My tags definitely need renewed in August, and drivers license in October (both a huge pain in Missouri!). 

Bring in paper towels. I should use that Dollar General coupon to buy more. 

Send Hank's birthday card. Do we have $10 cash to put in? I'm writing a check. 

Pack Mom's birthday card.

Did I program my fartlek into Garmin Connect? Why won't my watch sync?

Put sweet potatoes on the grocery list. 

Answer that text from E. 

Did we read today's devotion?

Bandit needs vaccines in August. Does Albani need any vaccines this year? 

Have I bought K's birthday card?

Remember to read the rest of those articles before teaching starts August 22. I think I made more money running in 2015 than I did adjunct teaching. 

Could Jon just put his socks in his laundry hamper?!

Did I wash that compression sock?

I need to check in with M.

All of these things ran through my head in about 5 minutes! It's exhausting to be a female sometimes. Vacation has been great to relax and unwind from some of this, even though it brings its own stressors; but being off work reduces my overall stress! My sweet family is worth it either way. 

This is so us

No comments:

Post a Comment