Friday, October 21, 2016

Because my bib number was 666

Prairie Fire miscellany:  final post with details I wanted to remember that didn't fit anywhere else!

This email came with my (free!) race photos.  I thought it was very fitting, as it let me know I did not just dream it as I thought may have occurred!  I was disappointed that they didn't do finishing clock photos, though.
Hard cold photographic evidence
I learned about the Strava Back Half Challenge a few days before Prairie Fire.  My goal had been to negative split all along, so it was cool to know that if I did I'd win a pair of free shoes.  And I did!  I already received my code for a pair of free New Balance shoes of my choice.  How cool is that??!

It pays to negative split!
My bib number was 666, which as you can imagine solicited a lot of comments.  Race organizers also stuck a 0 in the number and gave it to Albani!  It was a little humorous, because I always tell Albani that luck isn't a real thing, and that the things that happen to us in life are based on the actions we take and how God blesses us.
 
The comments ranged from:

"Oh my, that's the mark of the beast."
"It's just a number."
"Remind me to tell you my 666 story, after your race.  There's a reason I won't tell you before."
"Make sure you're fast as hell."
"Twould be a sin not to go fast."
"Because you're going to have a hell of a race!"
"Stop at the Halloween store for some devil horns."
"I've read from Peter Pfitz that in that case, it's assumed you'll wear your bib upside down.  And yes, I'm being serious."
"You'll turn it into a lucky number."
"666 is the number for Christmas red in DMC floss."
"Is that fate's way of saying you're faster than hell?"
"She got number 666." (said by a kid on the course in a very doomsday manner)
After the race, the one that made me laugh the most was, "She obviously made a deal to hit that time."

We were so "lucky"!
Social media was a fun way to celebrate, and I felt so much love that day!
My local running club rocks
The Fit Club also rocks!
I would love to run Prairie Fire again in the future, and think I will do either the half or full again in 2017!  Of course, I always want to run them all...

4 comments:

  1. She obviously made a deal to hit that time is an epic comment. I just keep giggling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is the best I've heard.

    Run them all - is that a Pokemon thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea on the Pokemon thing - definitely don't have time for anything related to that, haha!

      Delete