Saturday, April 23, 2022

Boston: Professional Uniform & Shoe Checks

Easter Sunday started with a shake out with my 3 core travel crew members and my friend Jessi. We ran early along the Charles River in order to head to the 9:00 service at Old South Church. While the Easter sermon was brief and not what I expected, the service included a blessing of the marathon athletes which was very special. As I mentioned before, the whole city really rallies behind the marathon and makes every runner feel remarkable.

Old South Church
The church was right next to the finish line, so we took the opportunity to take some more finish line photos when it wasn't quite as crowded. Then Jen and I were off to the pro uniform and shoe check!
Finish line

Finish area

We arrived at the Copley hotel early, our first of many times being the first in the pro field to arrive at something. We quickly learned that the real pros come in right on time or late! We lined up with a few other pros but mostly agents and coaches to have our uniforms and shoes checked for compliance. They also gave us each an Easter egg as we went through the line.

While we were waiting in line, a man from another country dipped into the pro room and excitedly asked Jen and I to take a photo with him. We did, then kept laughing, "Joke's on him, no one knows who we are!", hah!

rabbit sent me a great Boston singlet to wear for the race, but I thought the logo was too large. I brought both the Boston singlet and my usual rabbitELITE singlet to the uniform check, and as expected they rejected the Boston one but my typical uniform checked out. My shoes were standard issue Vaporflys, so they quickly got approved and got a Boston126 stamp on them. We also picked up our bib numbers at this time.

Shoe stamp

After the uniform/shoe check, we got to see Cori Copley, the hotel's Boston dog.

The story continues here.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool to have your shoes stamped! Is the stamp still on there. I'm wondering how long it will last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but it's smudged, so I'm guessing it won't last too long. The shoes were brand new out of the box for the race so I will be wearing them a lot more and don't expect it will last, but I have good pics. :-)

      Delete