Saturday, June 13, 2020

The "Beyond Boston" Series

When I heard the news that Boston 2020 was cancelled, my heart hurt for those who were entered.  While it's hard to place high importance on running with everything going on in the world right now, this race was extremely important to many and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for some.  Many worked very hard to get there, some narrowly met the qualifying cut-off, some have long-standing Boston streaks, and everyone was looking forward to the experience (I won't even mention the logistics of cancelling travel arrangements).

I really enjoyed sharing the stories in my 2:45:01 and Beyond series, so decided to do another series - this time about runners who were planning to run Boston 2020.  I will link their stories below and add to the list as I post them!

Featured runners:
Elizabeth Cox
Richard White
Lisa Cabiles
Carissa Liebowitz

The meme below doesn't apply to these qualifiers, but a friend shared it and I thought it was hilarious (as someone who knows all about repeatedly missing a qualifying standard!).


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to read everyone's stories! I saw that graphic too and it really cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete